Simply put, I love it here! Week two under my belt. One full week of the new work, daycare etc. routine... and yes, I love it. Why one must ask... let me elaborate.
One may say, well of course you love it, you live in a lime green house on a street full of "normal" colored houses... we are that house that you drive by and say to who ever is sitting in the front..."why on EARTH would someone paint their house that color"... sometimes I want to post a big sign in the yard and say, "we didn't pick this color, our landlord did"... hummmm, that may be a good idea I have going... But anyways, it's not the color of the house that grows my love for being in Eugene now...
So many things. this place is like a runners paradise. If only I had more time to go out and explore the running possibilites... I know that someday I will get to. People running all over the place. Paths taking you from here to there, this town just makes me want to get on my running shoes and go... now if only it would stop raining for one day- that'd be nice.
I love work. The people are great and it feels so much more relaxed than in Salem. I feel like I get to do the things that I love...interacting with people and doing social work. Now of course there are many of the same paperwork demands and non stop policy crud to cover us... but the feel of this branch is just so much more laid back. Have lots to learn, but each morning when I am driving to work I get excited for the newness of what is ahead.
I love being with Chris. Being here has made our relationship feel so much more real. More normal instead of visits here, heading back home, driving back and forth and the dreaded..."when do I get to see you next question"... I love coming home to him every day. He has been encouraging me to be a better mom each day. And I get so excited for the days when we get to have five kids in our home rather than four... I know, sounds crazy, but having Ashton is double the blessing. It is fun to watch him interact with the kids and I love that they ask each day on the way home "Does Ashton get to be with us tonight"... oh, and Nolan plays cars, trains, basketball and BOY THINGS with him!!! :) Love it.
Overall, I feel like each day is a breath of fresh air. It is kind of nice not knowing anyone on some days. I would like to make a few friends, but I am sure that will come. After 30 years in the same place I really just wake up and feel like the world is ahead of me for that day.
And I have my first visitor tomorrow.... I can't wait :)
There are just a few of the nuggets into these last two weeks here in Eugene. I am a happy woman!!!!
Thursday, April 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Brandyn! SO pumped to hear you're doing well... it sounds like a perfect fit. We all need a new adventure now and then, looks like you've found yours. Praise the Lord!
ReplyDelete