So, I don't really know who will read this here blog... but I guess I'll pretend that lots of people are super interested in what I am up to and want to know what's up in my life...
The move...
For 30 years I have lived in Salem Oregon. I was born here, raised here- rocked Myers,Chapman,Walker, South,Chemeketa and WB... I've lived in West, South, Central and North Salem.... then ended up back here in West. I do like to think of the different places I've lived here in Salem... Gilmore,Ptarmigan,Glen Creek,Hood Street, back to Glen Creek,Stanley Lane, Court Street,back to Glen Creek, Park Ave, Gil Street,Clarmount and now 1220. Wow... that's a haul around the town....
So now, after all this time I find myself looking at places in Eugene... learning words like Gilham, Ferry Street and Beltine are becoming more and more familar to me.
I had an interview last Friday. One of those rad group interviews. 15 people, in a room trying to proove that they are the best fit for the position. Kind of humorous in many ways... one lady who was a drivers ed teacher did all she could to make her drivers ed. title seem more like a classroom teacher profession... I caught her when I asked more questions about what she taught and such... I think she was embarrased... anyways. I hopefully will get called back for another interview in a week or so and know more of what/when and where things will go next.
You know, the best thing about Eugene....There is a TCBY there still. Yeah, it's a bit out of the way from anything... but completley worth the drive. Why did those all go out of business in Salem anyways? Dumb.
I thought it would be fun to update this here blog about my process in moving to Eugene. For now. It's 8:32pm and I am beat---I'm going to bed...we'll see what tomorrow brings.
Sunday, February 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment