Thursday, February 25, 2010

Cadberry Crack and talking Hispanic

So Cadberry makes these milk chocolate easter eggs, they come in the pretty purple bag. Beware... they are like crack. Not that I really know from experience with crack, but I have seen a lot of people who are addicted to crack, so that's where I make my comparison. These devilish little candies will take you over. Once you eat one, you truly can't stop. And you can't just get them anywhere. Safeway feels like they don't need to provide such goodness to West Salem and Roths feels like they need to have little minature bags with five eggs in them... But Walgreens, now there is a hook up. And Fred Meyers.... this you know!!! Today I provided my friend with a special delivery of crack. She was working, hard of course... measuring cervic's, helping babies crown, and listening to the women around Salem scream while they give birth... so I thought, she really could use some crack to get her through her day. So, in transition from one meeting to the next, I swung buy, sent a text(yes while driving ) and said, "meet me at the mother baby turn around in 5 minutes".... We did a quick transition, it was smooth and harmless... and her day then was complete with her own bag of the wonderful cadberry crack.... I am thinking about them now, as I am tucked into my bed and my mouth is watering...





One other thing, today I am waiting for a meeting in the lobby of an AFS office and a woman walks in and starts talking Spanish to the woman at the front desk. I was sitting next to a woman there in the lobby, who had been trying to make small talk with me, asking me questions about my kids and volunteering TMI about her kids and grandkids... And as the two women continued to talk in front of us in Spanish she turns to me and says... "Man, don't you wish you spoke Hispanic? I really wish I spoke Hispanic.".... I smiled, knodded and agreed...

1 comment:

  1. Brandyn... so funny! When I was in highschool, I used to go to the store after hockey practice and buy the 4 pack of Cadbury Eggs... I used to eat 'em all with a 1/2 gallon of strawberry milk. Unreal. I can't believe I didn't keel over and die on the spot.

    ReplyDelete