I have only 15 more days as a Salemite... Wow. After 10,950 days of living in the same place, I'm beginning to wonder what life will be like outside of these wall. I thought I would take some time and reflect on the things that I have loved most about this town I call home... hum... maybe I'll share some dislikes too while I am at it.
First of all, why did Salem EVER get rid of Cindy's Cinnamon Rolls? I mean really. It was the perfect meeting place at the Salem Center Mall for your parents to pick you up. They would make these gigantic sugary cinnamon rolls that were always warm as they hit your mouth... then, one day they just went out of buisness, leaving your only option for that sweetness like that to Cinnabon.... which by the way was my employer for about two months. You know it! I was a cinnamon roll expert-
Lets just go through and share a couple of the places I was employed here in Salem while I'm on this thought. My first job: Roths IGA. I really only worked there because Sarah Mills worked there and Liz Hannan worked up in the video department. When they hired me... I was a courtesy clerk. I had to go to a bagging class for a whole day. Well, six hours of learning the proper way to put canned foods and fruit into a brown bag... Really- ah well, I learned some great skills- that I used for a month. Thats how long I lasted there- a month. There were other things I wanted to do, like go to a dance when I was scheduled to work.... see ya later Orvile I said... and never looked back.
One more place of employment for me... Tony Romas. Unfortunatley this was even in my later years in Salem. I believe I was even like 22 when I worked there. I started working there with the hopes that they would let me be a server. Pam( she was the manager) promised me that I would be a server in no time! That the tips would be flowing and life in Rib-land would be wonderful. I spent another day in a training getting my liqour licence even.... and never made it a step above the delivery driver. I drove that little hatchback all over town- delivering ribs and getting one dollar tips.... So this madness lasted about three months until I wanted to go to a wedding and they wouldn't let me have it off... so I called Pam on the phone and told her that I couldn't make it into work... and that I was quitting... And that was the end of my delivery driving days...
So, there is a bit about my life in Salem over the 10950 days... we'll see what I can think of tomorrow... :)
Wednesday, March 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment