Monday, March 22, 2010

Wendy's

So today I am sitting in Wendy's... enjoying a nice meal with a wonderful 12 year old on my caseload... and as we are eating our fries, I peer across the restaurant and observe some of the fine people also enjoying their lunch at the Wendy's on Lancaster Drive in Salem.

The first couple that catches my eye is an older, clearly retired couple sitting at the table to my right. They are obviously done with their meal, with their table cleared and just their soda cups left, they are sitting sideways in their chairs, people watching. The man turns to his wife, with a very disgusted look on his face "Do they have the heat on in here?" He asks her. "They must," she says very angerly back at him. They both spend the next two minutes in utter frusteration talking back and forth at how the just could not believe that the restaurant would have their heat on at this time of day... I chuckled inside and thought to myself- Really, if you are hot and done eating... I have an idea... leave. But no, they remain there, getting more and more upset, adjusting the collars of their shirts, rolling their eyes and looking around as if they would be able to see a heater and turn it off or something... Really it wasn't that hot in the Wendys in my opinion... I didn't tell them that.

Next a lady to my left, just across from the "hot couple". Sits down and is about to get down on her yummy meal. She opens up the silver wrapper of her sandwich and takes a big bite. She could hardly wait to taste that fish through her mouth... but then, she stops mid bite and gets a very angered look on her face. She looks at the sandwich, examines it inside and out- then marches back up to the counter. (at this time the "hot couple" notice that something is wrong with her meal and they begin to inquire to one another about what's wrong with her sandwich)...
The lady comes back and sits down, clearly very upset. The "hot couple" says to her... what happened with your sandwich? The lady responds "I ordered a fish sandwich and this is a chicken sandwich". "WHAT" the "hot couple" say in disbelief. "That is not right, they need to correct that and give you the right sandwich". .. The three of them go back and forth, griping and complaining about how horrible that is, how they just can't believe this place and how this is so unacceptable...

As I continued to listen to these three get themselves more and more worked up it took all that was in me to not turn to them and say "Don't choose Wendys and you may be happier"

My chicken sandwich was great, my fries were just right. Could have used a refill on my coke, I wasn't too hot and my little pal loved every minute of his double bacon burger and oreo milkshake... To me, it was a good day at Wendys.. but not for everyone..

No comments:

Post a Comment