Monday, February 22, 2010

" The best is yet to come"

Last winter I was in church and left with the phrase "The best is yet to come" imprinted on my heart. That has become the "modo" of my life. It's been a motivation, encouragement and exciting thing to think about...

Chris Rice has been proof that that statement is coming true. He is the whole deal. A man with a heart of gold. The way he looks at me, when it's just the two of us, or when we're singing "party in the USA" with the kids- it's priceless. I am being treated the way that I have always wanted to be treated. He is fun, makes me laugh and makes my heart deeply happy. Today when Paityn asks "are we gonna see Chris today", I responded "yes", and she belts out a loud "Yessssssss".... my heart jumps even more. He is a great father and watching him love on his son is such a blessing. He is a leader and takes initiative, he can crack down and have a good time, yet pound out a tough conversation just as quick. He respects me and builds me up each time I talk with him or spend time with him...

So tonight, I go to bed thinking, "yes God, the best is yet to come... and the best has come..."

2 comments:

  1. Yeah for the blog! I can't wait to keep updated this way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun blog friend. Hearing Paityn's love for chris makes me so happy! I hope this is the "best" cause nobody deserves it more than you. Love you friend!!!

    ReplyDelete